Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire for City Council and Mayor
Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, we have conducted election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations and have a voter guide.
Last election cycle we had about 1 million voters following our endorsements.
Besides conducting live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, doing digital ads, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to voters in your district.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed… Giving you a 1 to 5 star rating
- Not endorsed
Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for in which city?
- What are the 3 most pressing issues facing your district or city? Please prioritize them. What, if anything, do you plan to do about them if you are elected? What specific promises will you make to the voters in order to be elected? What will be your primary focus if elected to office?
- Terrorist attacks and disasters, natural or otherwise, can strike at any time. Is your city properly equipped, trained, and prepared to handle these extraordinary emergency situations? If not, what should the city do to prepare for them?
- What can be done to create new business and encourage existing business to expand and attract more companies with their tax base and employees?
- Do you support or oppose a living wage ordinance for government and private employees and projects? Why or why not?
- Should your city reduce the cost of services by contracting out or privatizing government services such as street sweeping and garbage collection and professional services such as engineering and information technology services? Why or why not?
- Have you signed the Tennessee Tax Payer Pledge?
- Did you support or oppose eminent domain for city projects or redevelopment? Why or why not?
- Who is your political role model or the politician you most admire? Why?
- Would you vote for or against displaying our National Motto “in God we trust” in the city council chambers?
- How would you handle the city’s pension issues?
- Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? If you believe in absolute truth, what is the source of absolute truth? If you do not believe in absolute truth, how do you determine what is true?
Please return to email@example.com.