Questionnaire for Judicial Races
Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire for Judicial Races
To: Judicial Candidate
Judgevoterguide.com after Tennessee Voter Guide is the most influential voter guide for voters, anticipating close to 1 million voters using our guide this election.
The questionnaire will help us determine:
- Your rating on the site
- Who we recommend on radio and TV interviews
- What is said at Election Forum meetings
- Your ranking on our email campaign and digital marketing campaigns to voters
If you decline or refuse to respond to the questionnaire, we will note that on our website.
The questions below cover your judicial outlook. You are allowed under the law to respond to questions regarding issues (Republican Party of Minnesota v. White 536 U.S. 765 (2002)). We already have your professional biography. You may answer these questions on a separate document and attach the document to this questionnaire.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- How could the judicial system be improved? Please provide your top 2-3 ideas.
- What well-known U.S. or State Supreme Court judge (living or deceased) do you most admire?
- What is your opinion regarding the use of homeschooling as a choice by parents for the education of their children?
- Many lawsuits have been filed against Christian bakers, florists and photographers over refusing to violate their conscience on the marriage issue. How do you view religious liberty/civil rights tension?
- Do you consider yourself a strict constructionist or judicial activist? Why?
- What is your judicial philosophy on constitutional matters?
- What do you believe is the basis for law?
- Do you believe the Constitution is a living document?
- When do you believe life begins?
- Have you held public office previously? If yes, please list which office(s) and the years you held that office(s).
- Published writings: If you have authored any published writings (not judicial decisions), please provide applicable links/URLS.
- Please describe/list any pro bono or community service activities you have engaged in.
- What person(s) and/or organization(s) have endorsed your candidacy?
- Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? If you believe in absolute truth, what is the source of absolute truth? If you do not believe in absolute truth, how do you determine what is true?
- Please detail anything else you believe would assist us in rating you as a judicial candidate.
Thank you for your willingness to do public service and help inform and educate voters.