Questionnaire for State Legislature
[House/Senate] Candidate Endorsement Questionnaire for State Legislature [Assembly/Senate]
Congratulations on your decision to run for office.
For over 20 years, we have conducted election forums where we make specific candidate recommendations and have a voter guide.
Last election cycle we had about 1 million voters following our endorsements.
Besides conducting live Election Forums and several webinars giving endorsements, we will be posting our endorsements of candidates on our four websites, doing digital ads, emailing and publicizing our recommendations to voters in your district.
In addition, our recommendations are also broadcast on radio stations.
In your office we will either say:
- Endorsed… Giving you a 1 to 5 star rating
- Not endorsed
Refused to disclose position
I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully giving you our endorsement.
- What is your name and what office are you running for?
- To help Tennessee’s economy grow, do you support
- Raising fees, (If so, which ones?)
- Closing tax loopholes (If so, which ones?)
- Raise the sales tax
- Cutting spending (if so, what areas of the budget and by how much?)
- What is your view on abortion?
- Do you support or oppose the expansion of Medicare in Tennessee? Why or why not?
- What should change to increase the education level of our students which are our future workforce?
- Do you support or oppose sanctuary states and cities?
- Are we spending the right amount on K-12 Education in this state? Community colleges? The Tennessee University System?
- Should taxpayers pay for abortions?
- Do you believe that students should use locker rooms/restrooms based on their perceived sex?
- Do you support or oppose:
- Charter Schools
- School Choice
- Do you favor or oppose a Religious Freedom Act?
- Do you support prohibiting closing of churches even in an “emergency”?
- Do you support or oppose schools forcing masking of children or forced vaccinations?
- What should Governor Lee do about the Tennessee Nature Guard firing those refusing a vaccination?
Do you believe in absolute truth? Why or why not? If you believe in absolute truth, what is the source of absolute truth? If you do not believe in absolute truth, how do you determine what is true?
Please return to firstname.lastname@example.org.